The Mobile 10x Revolution
India is the most exciting internet market in the world today, and smart phones are driving its growth exponentially. But surprisingly, the country produces very few world-class apps. Of the top 100 apps on PlayStore, only one is Indian!
Mobile10X - a ‘Make in India’ initiative by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) - aims to build India’s mobile app ecosystem 10 times of what it is today.
Together with VMAX, Google, Facebook and Paytm, Mobile10X endeavours to realize the dream of digital India by helping Indian developers build extraordinary apps relevant to local needs.
Train young talent to become app developers
Provide incubators to app developers who are looking to become entrepreneurs.
Help app developers’ step up the quality of their apps and the monetization potential, ten times over.
Five Pillars Mobile10X
Scaling up the country’s mobile app ecosystem ten times of what it is today demands a highly dedicated and systematic approach. In our endeavour to 10X the mobile app ecosystem in India, we have identified these five key pillars that are essential to drive quality and expertise in app development so that India can stand shoulder-to-shoulder to the best worldwide.
Mobile10X ‘Startup Hubs’ are dedicated working spaces for promising start-ups, planned across the country, starting with Bangalore. These hubs will eventually cover Tier II and Tier III cities as well.
Each Mobile10X hub will have a Testing Lab, Design Lab, Capability Building and Co-working Space. It will also provide:
- Mentorship by industry experts and domain specialists.
- Advanced tools for testing and implementation.
- Specific zones for design, development, testing and monetization.
- Regular interactions, seminars and workshops with peers and industry leaders.
- Dedicated researchers and advice on monetization.
Mobile10X aims to train 5 lakh engineering students on Android and iOS platforms. Plans include:
- Partnering with top engineering colleges to extend the reach and educate future developers.
- Conducting AppFests at international / national / regional levels, hackathons at regional level and workshops at college level to provide opportunities to students to showcase their ideas and skills.
- Providing one-on-one counselling and advisory sessions to motivate potential developers.
- Conducting online basic and advanced training course – successful students will get accredited by industry leaders such as Google, Amazon Web Services etc.
- Chosen students get the opportunity to be “Mobile 10X Brand Ambassadors” and can commence working on their innovative idea.
Mobile10X aims to be a mentor-mentee platform that pairs up experience and expertise with young energy and innovative thought via:
- One-on-one mentoring focused on app development.
- Mentoring that’s open to developers in all platforms and stages of startup ventures.
- Guidance from experts in the industry to help bridge gaps and facilitate growth.
Mobile10X will be a platform for developers to connect with peers and industry experts – an advantage that can lead to early success.
Mobile10X will thus be
- A flexible and conducive environment for startups to interact with industry leaders, domain specialists and other entrepreneurs on a regular basis.
- A two-way exchange of thought, with industry leaders looking towards entrepreneurs for innovative problem-solving ideas.
Mobile10X aims to connect quality App Development Start-ups with early stage investors by:
- Regularly inviting investors to visit Mobile10X Hubs to interact with start-ups so as to provide early avenues of growth.
- Conducting meet-up events to present start-ups to a larger set of investors.
What We Offer
Guidance & Mentorship
Mobile 10X facilitates continuous guidance and mentorship to members of the community by industry experts and domain specialists – through one-on-one interactions.
Training opportunities are important to help developers and aspiring developers enhance their skills. We provide information on the courses relevant to mobile app development so that our members can build their
Mobile 10X provides opportunities to its members to enhance their skills, interact with pers, and also showcase their ideas and skills through events such as workshops,
Our knowledge hub is a repository of information from the world of mobile app development – articles, useful links, courses, news, etc. Find out more...
Project & Job Opportunities
Our industry partners post job and project opportunities so as to tap into the vast talent available in the Mobile 10x community for their needs.
An opportunity to sharpen your skills – Mobile 10X will present its members with challenges that they can participate in by submitting out-of-the-box solutions. Check out the online challenges available.
Mobile 10X hubs
Who Is It For?
Mobile10X endeavours to realize the dream of digital India by providing training, guidance and creating the right environment for Indian developers to build high quality mobile apps. A ‘Make in India’ initiative by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), Mobile 10X aims to take India’s mobile app ecosystem 10 steps ahead.